Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summer Favorites

Wow! Summer is over and I have already been back at school for a week... Since September begins tomorrow I suppose this is a better time than ever to fill you in on my summer favorites.
summer favorites
Beauty
1. Feeling Beautiful Face Mask (Avocado & Oatmeal) & (Charcoal & Black Sugar): I have been switching it up between these two killer face masks all summer long to make sure my face stays deep down clean and smooth. The Avocado & Oatmeal is the perfect mud mask for revitalizing a tired face, while the Charcoal scrub/mask is excellent for reaching deep down and sweeping out your pores. 

2. Australian Gold Sunscreen: I do need to fill you in on a secret... I have never been much of a sunscreen user, oops! I know, I know. Until I was 18 I can truly say I never got a sunburn (I have a lot of native american blood in me). But fun fact for all you ladies, if you use birth control [it makes you more susceptible to sun] you better be slathering on the sunscreen! I now have to reapply every two hours and make sure I don't miss any spots so this great lotion was my best friend this summer. Oh, and it smells great!

Fashion & Jewelry

3. Black Bikini: I am a firm believer in the classics, especially when it comes to my bathing suit selection. Black bottoms are my staple. If I am feeling fun and crazy i'll add a bright colored top. This summer I went with a black push up top and black basic cut bottoms from target! I can't tell you how great this bathing suit looks on most every body type.

4. Alex and Ani Autism Bracelet: Even though I picked my bracelet up a little late in the summer I still think it qualifies. I am obsessed y'all. As you already know, I am a future special educator and have autism in my family. Any chance I get to deepen my obsession for my passion, I jump on it. This bracelet is classic and beautiful and I fell in love the first time I saw it.

Snacks

5. Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut K-cup: How self-explanatory is that... Who doesn't want their morning coffee to smell like you just got to Dunkin Donuts while they are still baking the next batch!?
(I added in a bit of Irish Cream creamer as to not add any other flavors)

6. Snapeas Crisps (lightly salted): You caught me, I couldn't keep my hand out of the bag! Good thing they are low in calories and a pretty darn healthy snack choice. These were great to munch on while laying out on the beach.

Technology & Instagram

7. #30daysofhappy instagram challange: You may have already read my post about this challenge, but seriously ladies you should join in! It really makes you think about the little things that make you happy every day. 

8. G-Pop Speaker: When it comes to my family most people would describe us as music obsessed. My younger sister got this little gadget for Christmas last year, and it hasn't gone a day without serious use. It was perfect for playing family favorites out on the beach this summer. Though it may be little, it puts out some quality sound. 

Top Song

9. Chandelier (covered by-Allyson Ryan & Tye James): As if this song wasn't already brilliant done by Sia, it was hit out of the ball park by these two YouTube artists. I am always looking for fun and unique takes on my favorite songs and I now want to marry Tye James' voice! Check it out here: Chandelier

Place

10. Charleston, South Carolina: My family and I really enjoy going to Edisto Island in South Carolina for our family vacations. Edisto is about 45 minutes outside of Charleston, so of course we make a day trip each year. I can't express how much love I have for this fabulous place. Mark my words, I will live on rainbow row someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment