Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My September Favorites

My September Favorites

My September Favorites by hazlegroveva featuring carmex lip care

Okay y'all! Since it is October (where in the world did October come from?) I thought it would be interesting to go back and take a look at some of my September beauty favorites. I ended up realizing that I have quite a few so hold on to your seats while I take you through what is pictured above and a few that aren't. 

Mascara--
1. Mally Volumizing Mascara: So as you all know I have a subscription to Birchbox and this baby came in my September box and it was love at first application. This mascara makes my lashes look like I curled them with a curler even if I haven't touched them all day! I also think that it holds rather well for volumizing mascara and I love the dark black look. 

2. benefit They're Real! mascara: I can not tell a lie... this mascara is my absolute all time favorite! It works wonders to lashes that are not originally super long or curled. It holds my look for an entire day and the color is fantastic. My sister got this brand of mascara for her wedding in December and I just had to sneak a trial run with it and I ended up buying it for myself the very next day. I just knew I wouldn't be able to live without it!

Eye Primer--
So even though I posted a picture of Urban Decay's eye primer (which is absolutely fabulous) it is only taking the place of what is not pictured which is...

1. elf Eyelid Primer: Alright ladies, for $3 dollars you can't compete! This primer is priced at $3 dollars at Target yet compares to top brands such as U.D. eye primer. My lids hold shadow all day with a layer of this amazing product underneath. 

BB Cream--
Well my amazing BB cream is not pictured, but I do want to take a minute to rave about it. 

1. Marcelle BB cream in Golden Glow: Birchbox sent me a mini size of this product a while ago and I used it off and on with some other BB creams at the time so I wasn't truly understanding what it was doing for my face. Once I started using it as my main BB cream I suddenly saw a difference. This BB cream is perfect if you want perfect seamless coverage all day with a bit of color. I have a medium skin tone and the color that I got was perfect for me and made me feel like I had the right amount of glow. After I used up the entire mini product I just had to purchase the full size so I could continue feeling great about my skin!

Bronzer--
1. Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light: There is no secret that this has been my go to bronzer for years now! I began using this bronzer back in middle school and can't get the courage to switch it up. There is no reason to be unfaithful to this product because it does wonders as a bronzer. This product gives you the right amount of glow without making you orange or too shiny. Make sure you match your color correctly though, no one wants that line of color on their chin. 

Eye Liner--
1. mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Sailor: This has been another one of my birchbox favorites. This color is a dark navy (almost looks like black) that makes my green eyes really pop. I have truly enjoyed using this liner because it does not smug or run like some others that I have tried in the past. It seems to really last throughout the day and it is smooth when applying. 

2. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx: Here is a liner that you just can't go wrong with! I have been using this liner for ages and again will always come running back to CVS to pick up a new one when mine runs out. This is a perfect every day liner because it is a great black and doesn't smug or run in the least bit. I honestly swear by this liner!

Hand Cream--
1. Jurlique Rose Hand Cream (pictured): If you guys didn't already know I am a hand cream freak! I find myself using hand cream after every time I wash my hands because soaps tend to dry them out. I also use hand creams before bed just to give my hands an extra kick of moisture before hitting the hay. This has been one of my favorites, not just because of the smell which is to die for but because it seems to really be super moisturizing! I tend to carry this along with me because it is the perfect size and you don't need a ton at one time, plus it makes my hands smell like fresh roses!

2. Arangara body lotion in Olive and Rose (not pictured): Again with the rose... This body lotion smells amazing! Although, this packaging is a little bit more square and not as easy to carry with me in my make-up bag so this one stays on my counter next to my sink so I can apply it after I wash my hands. Once again, super moisturizing!

Eye Shadow--
1. MAC single in Naked Lunch: I absolutely swear by this color for almost everyone! Every since my best friend and amazing beauty guru (check out her blog: makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com) gave me one of these about three years ago I have not worn anything else as my daily eye shadow. I am pretty positive I will have a week of mourning for this shadow if it is every discontinued. This product is the perfect nude shadow with just the right amount of shimmer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go out and try it!

Fragrance--
1. Hello by Harvey Prince: This little guy was another product sent to me by Birchbox and I have been loving it ever since. I tote it around with me for an extra pick me up during the day. It is the perfect everyday scent. Just the right amount of girly but not too "in your face". I always remember to dab a little bit on every morning!

Not so Classy, but Oh So Necessary--
1. Pond's S nourishing moisturizing cream: This is another product I will swear by because I have naturally oily skin, but I always seem to suck all of the moisture out after I wash my face. I put a thin layer of this on after I wash my face in the morning before I put on my make up and a thicker layer of it on after I wash my face before bed. It seems to be doing the trick and gives me softer feeling skin!

2. Carmex lip balm: I hope every single one of you at some point in your lives has purchased either the tube or the pot of plain jane carmex lip balm. If you haven't, PLEASE DO! I always use this lip balm before I put on my lip product for the day and another layer of it before bed at night. It keeps my lips super moisturized and it protects against cold sores, how can you not beat double duty!  



4 comments: