Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tips for Inspiration



Tips for Inspiration
We've arrived to that time of the semester where the levels of motivation AND inspiration are at an all time low. I thought this might be a good time for me to share my 12 Tips on Staying Inspired that I found on pinterest at some point and have found very helpful in my own life. 

Stay Healthy
1. drink a glass of water- you know what they say, 8 8oz. glasses of water a day does the trick... um, hello! Who really wants to pee 50 times a day. Here is my outlook on staying hydrated, find a cute water bottle that will make you want to carry it around all day. Keep it with you at all times, it will inspire you to take a giant swig every time you see it!
2. move and sweat- as you have seen me say before, exercise is awesome. what girl doesn't want to feel better about herself and have more energy during the day?
3. get some zzz's- we all know that 8 hours of sleep is the recommended amount, yeah, that just doesn't happen in college, but be conscious of possibly shutting those eyes a bit earlier than normal. 

Plan Your Day
4. top 3 tasks- every morning I try to either make a mental "top 3 task to-do list" or physically put it on my phone so I can check them off as I get them done. we all know nothing feels better than crossing a completed task off a list, no matter how long the list may be. 
5.the 50/10 rule- I have actually heard this from multiple places and I think everyone should live by this rule. work for 50 minutes and then take a brain break for 10. simple. 
6. reflect daily- you know all those fake scenarios you make up in your head when you lay down to sleep at night... replace those with a little bit of daily reflection. helps wrap up your day with a bow, and who doesn't love bows. 

Keep Learning
7. reading- yes, i know us college kids think we will never see the day again when we will have time to read a book for fun, but try your best to fit even a little bit of reading time into your day. this could be another great thing to replace that scary night thinking!
8. browsing- research something cool, even if it's an interesting link you followed on pinterest during your afternoon binge. 
9. brainstorm- I constantly have a notebook/post-it notes on hand just in case I have a burst of inspiration or the occasional light bulb moment. It is always fun to go back and look through your little "ah-ha" moments. 

Focus on What Makes You Happy
10. express gratitude- I know, it's november so everyone is becoming oddly thankful for the things around them. I think if we are constantly thinking of at least ten things we are thankful for we will be much happier about what we have and where we are in life. 
11. clean your desk- this is your space. make sure you keep it tidy and worth of inspirational moments. 
12. indulge in your favorite things- whether your favorite thing is hershey kisses or dancing around your room to your classic backstreet boys CD's... do it, let yourself have a moment and indulge. (mine is painting my nails)

what are your tips for inspiration?
xoxo

2 comments: