Monday, September 8, 2014

easy sides: potatoes

This is a pretty random post on my part, but I thought I would share my love of yummy sides. Lately, I have been on a potato kick. Its been fun to play around with the different ways to make them. Here are three of the ways I've made potatoes as a side in the past month: Baked potato with cheese and butter, rosemary garlic potatoes, parsley and butter potatoes. 

Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
Gather: sea salt, rosemary, evoo, black pepper, and garlic powder




















Wash and cut up a large potato, put a sheet of tin foil on a baking sheet, in a bowl mix together a couple tablespoons of evoo and a couple shakes of each of the spices. put the potatoes into the bowl and mix with your hands, then spread them out on the baking sheet. 


Baked Potato with Butter and Cheese
So my roommate has one of these babies, and it is no joke! I love this thing... wash a potato, stick it in the bag, stick the bag in the microwave for four minutes and viola! Baked potato... add lots of butter and cheese! :)


Parsley and Butter potatoes
This is a side my mother use to make for a lot of our meals growing up... I love these things. They are so simple. Wash a bunch of red potatoes and cut them in half, boil them for about 10-15 minutes, drain them, add half a stick of butter and chopped parsley... done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment