Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Meal (first edition)

Hey Y'all! Today I made a quick and easy meal of Buffalo Chicken Sliders for dinner that I think everyone will enjoy. Hope you have a crock pot! I found this recipe in the April copy of FamilyCircle magazine (yes, I am 20 years old and get the FamilyCircle magazine). It has got to be one of the easily recipes I've ever made, and absolutely delicious!

Grab your crock pot and get ready to make some magic!
I absolutely love my slow cooker from target ($30.00). It gets the job done every time. 

On my last grocery shopping trip I picked up a large bag of boneless and skinless chicken breasts. These are always handy to keep in the freezer for quick and easy meals such as this. This recipe calls for about three of these chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds of chicken). I used the microwave defrost setting to half way defrost the three chicken breasts. Trim away any excess fat that you don't want on the chicken and lay them in the bottom of the slower cooker. 

Now my favorite kind of buffalo wing sauce to use for recipes like this is Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce. It has a pretty mild flavor and it won't overpower every one at the dinner table! Grab your measuring cup and add 1/4 cup of the wing sauce to the top of the chicken. I just drizzled it so that each of the chicken breasts were covered. Next, add 2/3 cup of water. Here is the easy part... turn the slow cooker on HIGH for 6 hours and  wait! Not only does this make an excellent dinner it also makes the house smell wonderful all day!
I came to realize that the chicken was ready to shred about 5 and a half hours. Whenever you go to stir the sauce and the chicken starts to fall apart and look done it is probably a good enough time to take it out and start the shredding. Grab a bowl and place the three chicken breasts in the bottom of it and shred them with two forks. If the chicken isn't spicy enough to taste for your taste go ahead and drizzle some more wing sauce over the shredded chicken and toss together. 

Once your chicken is shredded and hot and ready go ahead and grab some potato rolls and load 'em up!
If you like blue cheese on your buffalo chicken you can also add some blue cheese crumbles to top them off.  
An easy and cheap side for this meal would be chopping up some celery and carrot sticks and calling it a day.  




                                                                          
Although, tonight I was in a salad mood so I tossed some romaine hearts and balsamic dressing together and added some Salad Toppins and croutons. Yum! Well I hope you enjoy this super quick and easy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment