Thursday, December 19, 2013

awfully simple yet always delicious

As I have already mentioned in some of my previous posts is how much of a lazy college cook I am. Even though I will defend my crock pot till the end, last night I stepped away from the plug and ventured to the stove! If you have not already heard of the new Kraft boxed meal starters go find them near you! I can't express how awesome these little boxes of joy are. What these boxes of sauces are is a recipe starter and on the back it gives you the rest of the ingredients (normally minimal) that you will need to complete the meal. Personally, my favorite part about these boxes are that they think "outside of the box" (hehe) on what is for dinner. Prime example: last night I made Chicken Bruschetta... tell me the last time you made a meal like that from a box. So ladies (and gentlemen) here is what you are looking for in your grocery store next time you venture out.


In this picture I have already used some 1/2 of simmering sauce already. 

When you look on the back of the box beneath the extra ingredients that you will need it takes you step by step in making the recipe.

Step 1: boil bow tie noodles (as instructed on the noodle box) and strain.

Step 2: cut 1 and 1/2 pounds of chicken breast into strips, pour in half of the garlic herb simmering sauce, and cook until done .

Step 3: add noodles to the chicken and the rest of the simmering sauce and mix lightly. 
Step 4: add the chucky bruschetta finishing sauce to the top and sprinkle parmesan cheese over all of it and cover and let cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes. 
Step 5: ENJOY!

It is really that simple guys... Now if you have read some of my previous food posts you can probably tell that I am not in my own kitchen. I am currently home on break at my parents house and so this is my mother's beautiful kitchen! So since I am home I had to find a side that mom had in the kitchen and I decided to make my favorite kind of brussel sprounts (soy sauce and lemon brussels) 
 Simple: add olive oil to a hot pan, add in your cut (in half) brussel sprouts, wait till those are sizzling and then add in soy sauce and a bit of lemon juice, cook until you think they are soaked enough for your preference. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment