Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Raised bed DIY

My older sister use to live with me and while she was here she asked my wonderful father to build her a raised garden. During her year here she was able to grow some very delicious veggies in our raised bed and I am now ready to take over the effort. Today (in the 100 degree weather) I decided it was time to weed the garden and get some new growth happening. Now I don't want to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT! I got the entire thing weeded today (which was no small feat), bought, and planted some new veggies and herbs. Here are some pictures of the progress from today. 
                                                  
It was a slow moving morning and very sweaty, but I kept going! 
                                                  
SEE!! The only thing that got me through was the music coming from my ipad and speaker (pictured on the right). 
A visit to Lowe's and $30 dollars later... we are ready to go! 
                                               
What I planted: green oregano, basil, spearmint, two green pepper plants, banana peppers, and two packets of sunflowers. 

**Tomorrow's project- buying and setting up a hose and timer to water my plants for me!!**

Do you have a raised bed or garden of your own? What have you planted in yours? 
  



        

No comments:

Post a Comment